I want to hear from YOU!

Hi, there!

I'd love to hear from you to know if I am supplying enough info for you!

Is there something else that you'd like to see me add to this LONA-KIDS page?

Just drop me a line when you can.
I know finding a free moment isn't easy when the little ones are around! :)

Peace!
Pam
Mommy, and loyal LONA neighbor!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summertime, and the reading is easy! :)

Hi, LONA Literature Lovers!

I found out about a few nice reading programs that are in place this summer, and I'm glad to be able to pass along the information. Here goes:

School age kids can benefit from the summer reading program at Barnes and Noble. Read 8 books and get a free book! More info here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/summer/reading.asp?  You can also pick up the forms at the store.

Also, I just heard about a summer reading program from Applebee's.  You can earn coupons for a free kids meal when you read 10 books! My friend picked up her coupons at the Greece Library, but I would think they would be available at any of their restaurants too. 

Please, please, please check out all the public library reading programs available! The Collaborative Summer Literary Program GET A CLUE at your library is offered at libraries across the country. The incentives are different, but you basically read to your child, or have them read to you, for 20 minutes a day, and each week, bring in your signed coupon/paper for a prize. Cool, huh?!?

There are also many events at the libraries for kids of all ages, but most require registration - they are all free - but the spaces do fill up! Greece and Webster libraries even offer registration online.  Here is the link to the main Monroe County library website:

http://www2.libraryweb.org/

Plus, the friendly librarians at the Lyell Branch would be very happy to help you select age/grade appropriate titles!

I will let you know if I come across any other gems to make your summer reading fun and fancy free.

Happy Reading!!

No comments: