I want to hear from YOU!

Hi, there!

I'd love to hear from you to know if I am supplying enough info for you!

Is there something else that you'd like to see me add to this LONA-KIDS page?

Just drop me a line when you can.
I know finding a free moment isn't easy when the little ones are around! :)

Peace!
Pam
Mommy, and loyal LONA neighbor!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walmart Pulls Jewerly With Cadmium Off Shelves

Walmart Pulls Jewerly With Cadmium Off Shelves

Reported by: WROC-TV
Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 @11:25am EST

The nation's largest retailer Walmart has taken a type of children's jewelry from China off its shelves.

A report found that the jewelry contained cadmium - a toxic metal.

It's been reported that cadmium can cause cancer.

Manufacturers were forced to stop using lead in their products, so cadmium, an inexpensive dangerous metal, was substituted in the jewelry and going undetected.

There has been no formal recall.

No comments: